The Sirit IDFlex RFID reader systems have been a long time flagship of Sirit’s automatic vehicle identification product line however several of the RFID reader’s main components are no longer made by their original manufacturers and are becoming scarce in the component sourcing market. As a result Sirit will be discontinuing the IDFlex reader product line by the end of 2012. Sirit will continue to support the IDFlex reader products that are under warranty and, while component supplies last, we will do our best to support out of warranty product installed and deployed in the field. It is important to note that Sirit will continue to offer and support IDFlex transponders into the foreseeable future.
Sirit has prepared a transition plan for moving from the IDFlex to the new flagship RFID reader platform, the ID4100. We have developed a model of ID4100, the ID4100-FLEX, that will replace the IDFlex reader platform and will offer increased benefits and functionality. This new reader is FCC Part 90 licensed, like the IDFlex, and will support all existing IDFLEX-TAG4 and IDFLEX-TAG4BOR windshield mount transponders however it will not support existing IDFLEX-TAG4LP license plate mount transponders. Those transponders will need to be replaced with a transponder that is compatible with the new reader platform.
Benefits of Upgrading from IDFlex to ID4100
- Lower cost to upgrade – No need to replace all existing transponders.
- Future Product Support – The ID4100 platform will be available and supported well into the future.
- Save on Future Costs – Access to more economical transponder formats.
- New Tag Formats – Access to many exciting transponder form factors.
- Connectivity Options – ID4100 can be connected to a local or wide area network (LAN, WAN), Internet.
- Future Enhancements – Software upgrade/update support can be done in the field without the reader needing to be returned to the factory.
- Unique Application Support – Custom Software Available
- Performance – Equal or better RF performance at the same regulatory parameters (FCC Part 90)
To learn more please download Sirit’s official product support bulletin.